Friday, October 24, 2008

Dead Blog Again

So sorry my loyal readers. I know you are few but you are a distinguished lot deserving so much more than this meager blog offers. Alas, what a shame.

Anyway, the off-season continues. This thing called "work" has really picked up. I get many more last minute calls to fill in for a sick colleague. It is great to have a job right now but it is more difficult to train.

I came back from the last trip quite dilapidated. My power had dropped dramatically along with my endurance. Since then, I have been working on base period intervals, some long rides and a tempo session here or there. It is a slow process but my form is beginning to return. I don't want to enter build training at this juncture but I need to re-gain some of the lost form then hold it until the training season begins.

Otherwise, the kids and wife are great. Life is great if you don't read the papers or watch TV. I recently put great limits on the amount of TV, radio and internet time. Funny, I am much happier now! It's like that great Police song, "Too Much Information" from the album "Ghost in the Machine". You remember that one Giff?

6 comments:

Doug said...

What happened? Did the Chinese seize the plane?

Scott said...

Never much of a Police fan actually...more into alternative and dance back in the day, with all the college bands (Doug and the slugs, David Wilcox, etc. for your Canadian fans) thrown in for weekend splurging on the national drink.
By the way, what is up with intervals in the preparation phase? Hitting pretty hard aren't we?

Darrell Anderson said...

No, they just poisoned be with something in Nanchang. Nasty business. If you ever have an opportunity to go, just say "NO".

Giff, I am disappointed. I thought for sure you were dialed in with me back in the day.

I do intervals year round. Fitness being dynamic one has to figure out how to hold onto gains without overdoing it. I have a good article on the subject by Steve McGregor if you're interested. Bottom line...if you aren't training LT and VO2max you are de-training them. Long slow distance training has fallen out of fashion.

Zachary Maino said...

Stixx went to the dance club back in the day? Are their pictures?

Darrell Anderson said...

No way. Giff was the slacker-dude in love with The Cure, Depeche Mode and Psychedelic Furs. No way he's in a dance club...no way. Am I right Giff?

Scott said...

Nice try boys, but certain parts of our past lives must remain secret...otherwise we are open to public ridicule and humiliation.