Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Back In The USA!!!

At this moment I am traveling home on a Northwest Airlines jet from Seattle. I am totally gassed from the trip. Sleep has become a real chore. Some nights I get an hour or two then wake up wide awake my body not sure where it is at. Yesterday we flew ten hours and traveled nine time zones leaving at six pm from our departure point and landing at one pm at our destination which was five hours before we left! We went to the hotel in Seattle, slept for an hour then went out for dinner. Back at the hotel that evening I was hoping for a full night's sleep but it didn't happen. I ended up sleeping for a three hours then up for three then back to sleep for another hour and a half before I had to get up to go to the airport. That last little bit of sleep was seriously deep and it was like awaking from a coma. For a few moments I considered catching a later flight but fought fatigue instead and got myself to the airport.

Some of you might think my job is glamorous. I won't argue that it does have its moments but trips like this balance all that stuff. By the time you get home you are just so grateful for America! Land of the cheeseburger! When I think of Chinese food I get queasy. I want a cheeseburger so bad! Maybe tonight.

As far as cycling goes, I haven't done anything since leaving Anchorage. There were some good hotel workout rooms but I was always so tired it didn't make sense to deepen the fatigue any further.

This week I hope to finish up my office project and get busy with annual training plans for next season. It is exciting to think about next year and begin the process of preparing myself and my athletes.

4 comments:

Doug said...

Yeah, we all know a person can only take so much and get burned out on all the supermodel flight attendants, exotic tropical locations, and flying a high performance jet on full afterburners.

Yeah, I think you need some good old down time playing Microsoft Flight Simulator, set to the easy mode :).

Doug said...

Chinese = acid burn

Zachary Maino said...

I doupt it. But if you would like some help with your office project, i am more than willing to help out.

Doug said...

If Zack helps out, just make sure you count all the silverware before he leaves :).