Friday, September 14, 2007

First week of the off season

I am so sorry for not posting all week. It just hit me on Monday that I don't have another road race until next April and therefore it was time to move other things to the top of my list. I set up my computrainer and I began the long process of trying to figure out how to use the software. I ordered business cards, T-shirts for my coaching business. I set up a new website that is not going to be worth looking at for a few weeks so I won't pass the url along just yet.

Wednesday I got the word that Rob Pulcipher suffered a heart attack on the dirt-hammer ride Tuesday night. The news came as a total shock. I visited Rob and Connie yesterday while Rob was in the midst of being discharged. He was in great spirits and looked great. The doctors have pronounced him "fixed" and he can plan on racing next year. Check out the AAVC forum for the details.

Also this week I began renovating what will be my office. Everything had to go and then prep and paint. I thought I had picked out a neutral color with a hint of orange but when it looks more like a bold suggestion of orange. I may end up re-painting the whole thing if it doesn't cure properly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Touch these two wires together, *spark*, ok we are ready...

dmo said...

To everyone's surprise, Rob dropped by at the cyclocross practice last night. He didn't ride, of course, but it was great to see him up and about. I was definitely shocked to hear about given the extent he was hammering us all on the group ride last Saturday. I expect that his recovery will go very well given how good shape he is in.

And you're not matching your office paint colour to your team kit, by any chance? If you do get bored with off-season chores, try dropping by at cx practice.

David

Darrell Anderson said...

No, the color is more like Miami,art deco, orange. We just went down to make a final decision and we are going to keep it.

You'll see us as spectators at the cx races for sure and maybe a practice or two. I have to get used to riding a mountain bike in prep for Iceman.

d

Anonymous said...

What color is the carpeting? What ever it is, throw it out. You want shag carpet (you know you do).