Thursday, October 25, 2007

Doug's Fatal Decision

Here's the deal. Doug is taking a nasty old Al specialized Allez and putting DA on it. I have published numerous posts against but to no avail. I want to start a grass roots avalanche of pressure to get him to change his mind. I want you...no I'm ordering you all to go to his blog and hammer him! Don't let him make this awful mistake!! He has an incredible bike hook-up with our team and can get an amazing deal on a carbon bike. C'mon everyone, bring the heat. The Cat is a stubborn rider but if you all bring the heat he just might relent.

You slavishly read this pathetic post day in and day out and for what? Now you can do something for the good of all humanity. Please, don't let this happen! Write the Cat today and implore him to change his mind. Write your congressman and senator and ask them to apply pressure. You can make a difference!

11 comments:

Doug said...

The Allez has character, and I want alloy under me, carbon snaps too easily. I will refrain from making any comments about our ‘incredible bike hook-up’...

Doug said...

And your just jealous that I have DA now, and your still riding that Kmart brand drive train :).

Zachary Maino said...

Doug, first....Ace is riding DA too...he has been longer than you. Next...carbon only cracks easily if you arent a good rider. You are an AMAZING cyclist doug! You would do wonderful on carbon! You have the best handling skill of anyone i know and are one of the best cyclists in Michigan. You should use carbon, im in full support of D.

Doug said...

"handling skill of anyone", yeah right, I swerve to much, and take turns wide. I have poor depth perception, comes from being cross-eyed.

dmo said...

And weren't you telling us a little while back to lay off on Doug about fixing up the cat-mobile? I agree that the drivetrain upgrade was much needed, but the frame? As long as it fits and it's stiff enough, I don't see the problem. Well, maybe one - that red really clashes with team kits.

Anonymous said...

Red goes faster.

Zachary Maino said...

Red is also more likely to get in an accident....so doug, you should get a non-red CARBON bike

James Anderson said...

And on top of ALL OF THAT, I like pizza!

Darrell Anderson said...

He really does! He had Little Caeser's Tonight.

C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C said...

An old SunTour group would look really pro.