Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Update

Not much posting going on lately due to my flying schedule. On January 17 I took Alaska Air up to Anchorage to pick up a trip. We spent a day there before flying on to Chicago and Morristown for a quick layover before flying home to Phoenix. The next day I flew right back to the east coast landing in Cleveland for a layover. The next morning we were off to Cincinnati and Phoenix. It was six days on the road and it totally blew up my training schedule. To accommodate this I moved my rest week back and started build 1 this week. As it turns out it was all good. My old legs needed the rest as I found out on Monday when I went out to perform 3 x 12's at my one hour power. The intervals felt easy and I kept my power 10 watts high. It seemed a shame to leave it at only three intervals so I completed one more up Usery Pass.

Today will be my first Tmax interval of the year. These are very hard to say the least. In fact, it could be called a break through workout. Saturday James and I will be racing in Tucson at the U of A crit. James is doing the junior and cat 3 races. I'll race masters 40+ and 30+. I watched the 30+ race on Sunday and those dudes were flying. This should be a very good early season test of my fitness.

1 comment:

TheBrothersChase said...

see you guys down here!!!