Sunday, July 08, 2007

Back In The Saddle

Friday night I climbed aboard the bike and went out for 2 hours of training. I was pleasantly surprised that my ribs didn't hurt at all. However, I was bummed that my shoulder is limiting my sprinting and climbing ability. It was especially bad when starting out from stoplights and stop signs. It is definitely not race ready but I still have a week to rehab it before the next race.

BB and I rode together yesterday. Check out his blog for his side of things. We rode out of Saline to HRD and hooked up with Alexey and Aaron. We rode together to Dexter, had lunch then rode out to their house on Portage Lake. James and Alexey had big fun swimming and horsing around for a couple of hours. I finally yanked James out of the water around 430pm and we rode back to Saline. BB suffered some on this leg. Every time I threatened to call mom out to bring the broom wagon he became indignant and complained that he wanted to finish the ride.

Well, he did and set a new record for himself. He rode 58 miles! Way to go BB!

No comments: