Friday, July 13, 2007

MS150

As I write, I am sitting next to my dear wife in a Holiday Inn Express in Fenton, MI preparing for a full weekend of bike touring and racing. Tomorrow is one of my absolute fav events of the year...the MS150. This event hooked me on cycling a number of years ago. It is a wonderful charity event and it is presented very well. There are nice rest stops every ten miles and a lunch stop that has a little more of everything around mile 50.

Sunday is the Common Crit in Lansing. That happens to be where we will end up tomorrow so instead of riding back to Fenton with the bike tour, we are going to check out of the dorm and go to church then off to lunch then off to the capitol building to race for sixty minutes plus two laps. We have had a major shift in our cat three team as two have upgraded to cat 2. Joey "87 Chaard" Schaard and Chris Uberti made the leap. Well deserved for both and I know they are going to do well. If Joey could dust that field at Dexter sprinting on the hoods, I shudder to think of what he is capable of if he polishes up his sprinting technique. He is a beast. All Chris did was win two of the hardest races on the calendar, (Cone Azalia and Cedar Creek).

Jean and I left the Ander-kids at Uncle Jim and Aunt Mary's. They are in good hands!

1 comment:

Zachary Maino said...

Looking forword to racing with you tomarrow.