Monday, July 30, 2007

Hines Park Lost

I am going to get started on that book project with Joe Lekovish very soon. You know, the one entitled "The Master Racer's Complete Guide To Training And Racing." In this volume we will share attempts to balance work, family, training and racing. I have yet another chapter on how to respond to a pop-up business trip over one of your most important race weekends of the year. The funny thing was, I just had a talk with BB this very morning about not letting the bike take over your life and here I am taking a cell phone call that delivers the bad news with the Bikeboy right on my wheel! ( We were putting in a few hours together when the call came in.) Easy master racer...easy. Don't overreact. Don't yell, scream and throw the cell phone into the weeds.


Anyway, the upshot is, the Hines Park TT isn't going to happen for me this year. Jean is going to take the Bikeboy so he is covered.

5 comments:

Doug said...

Well, I am sure it is not quite as bad as being a truck driver... you COULD be gone five to six days a week and make 2/3 as much money :).

Doug said...

You home a lot, it just jumps around a bit.

joe1265 said...

Darrell,

Yea, it's a Masters life, eh?

I'll probably miss Ada due to having to work Saturday. Still trying to get out of it, though.

Should I start looking for a publisher? I've already got the book 1/2 written!!!

Ciao,
Joe

Darrell Anderson said...

It's just comical isn't it?

Darrell Anderson said...

Doug, you just missed that huge pothole last night. If it weren't for me you would have taco-ed your front wheel no doubt!