Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The latest...

All the news that's fit to print...


The Gala SLC End of Year Party

Saturday was the end of year party and it was well attended by the team. We enjoyed pizza, salad, pop and a rousing presentation by our own John Rigdon. The big news here is we had a chance to see our new cat 3 team all in one place and it was a beautiful thing. James commented to me that we have a "very strong team". I guess you have to get everyone in the room to get the full-on realization that we have the personnel to put the hurt on the cat 3 field next year. We are not resting on our laurels and are still looking for more riders who fit with our team. My hope was to have 25 riders. We won't make that but we will still have a large team numbering over 10 somewhere.

Computrainer Epiphany

No question this thing is the shizzle but they provide some of the lousiest supporting documents I have ever seen. Vague nondescript manuals that leave you wondering what is going on. The thing to do is try different things to make it talk, so to speak. My concern was that it wasn't calibrated and I was right. Using the manual and extrapolating, I discovered how to calibrate this thing so that a 250 watt 10 minute interval is not a near-death experience. After calibration I was floating up to 220 watts without a whole lot of stress. The HR would climb to around 150 bpm but that was it which, as you can imagine, pleased me greatly. It also explained why Bikeboy had such a rough time with it.


11 comments:

James Anderson said...

I don't know.

Doug said...

"...extrapolating..." Those are some big words you are using today.

And "Vague nondescript manuals" and this is new, how? You should see the manual for the plotters we have at work??? Vague nondescript, and using extrapolation fits... just turn it off and back on again.

Anonymous said...

What was the John Rigdon presentation?

Doug said...

Ahh, he gave a standard salesmen sales pitch.

Anonymous said...

thanks, I figured that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

WOW, that got a removal?
I better put bible versus after each post next time. LOL.

Doug said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I posted, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
that was it.

Darrell Anderson said...

Ah, yes...what a feeling of power!

James Anderson said...

To all anonymous commenters, my dad has banned you! Note how only people with accounts can comment.
The next time you post anonymously, write your name.