Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Coaching

As I look out my window I see large patches of snow on the ground, the temperature hovers around 30F and we race this weekend. The forecast calls for a high temp of 40F on Sunday which means my teeth will be chattering during the early moments getting James ready for the C-race. Reflecting on last year, we had some cold STS races and some wet ones, (who can forget the worm slaughter), but I also remember racing without warmers. There is hope.

Coaching is fast becoming a large consumer of my time. I am grateful for the opportunity to work with these fine bike enthusiasts. I learn more every week as I sit down to think about them and their training. Monday's are rest days for me and it is also a convenient day for writing plans and writing up test summaries. I started my work day at 9am yesterday and finished up around 6pm. I still have one more plan to write and a full week of testing but I still love it. Most are now in build and real gains are just getting rolling. Most seem to feel strength building.

See you all at the races this weekend.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Yeah, tell me about those worms... that was one to remember, what a mess, and the smell...

Chris Aten said...

I don't know where many of us would be without your expertise! Thanks for the time.