Sunday, March 09, 2008

Jetting Home!!

Finally, I am on the last flights home after being out on the road for 8 days. I feel pretty good compared to my last trip to Asia. That time, the jetlag lasted 4 days and it was just brutal. Sleep came pretty easy while on the trip and our flights were usually during the daylight hours and not on the back-side of the clock. Sadly, I couldn't get first class so I am sandwiched into coach for this five and a half hour flight to Minneapolis. It's tight but at least I have an aisle seat.

Here's a picture of some glacier in Alaska as we were flying out. It is beautiful up there with the mountain peaks all covered up with snow and glaciers everywhere.

I am looking forward to getting back into the routine of family life and my exercise routine. Build 1 week 1 was almost a complete loss. I managed one day of VO2max intervals in Japan but nothing else. It is just too tiring to travel like this and the equipment is pretty spotty. There was a minor incident while in Japan. I worked out on the bike and then went to the exercise mat to stretch. My mistake was in not taking my shoes off. This is a big no-no in Japan. One of the very attentive workers in the gym came running across the room and made it clear with raised voice and waving hands that a serious infraction of the rules was being committed.

My new Power Tap arrived while I was gone. With the outdoor season getting rolling soon I plan on putting it to good use. I'll use it for my own training as well as James and my other athletes.

Here's another pic from the trip. This is on very short final approach to the Anchorage airport.









1 comment:

Zachary Maino said...

Ok, so I KNOW you have done stuff since you returned home. I know you have ridden HRD, and I know you went to the team meeting, where the posting?