Monday, May 05, 2008

Last Leg

I am sitting aboard a Northwest 757 that is just beginning its descent from altitude into Detroit Metro Airport. What a week it has been! My first circumnavigation of the globe! I feel so Magellan. God willing, I will be with my beloved Mrs. Anderson and her brood within the next two hours! Yeeha! All in all the trip went well. We had a great crew and we laughed a lot which always helps with the fatigue and stress.

This kind of travel just blows away any routine in life and it is then that you fully realize how much we depend on routine. Things like getting up in the same time zone at the same time with the sun in the same basic place at the same time of the day are truly necessary for one's health. There is still a lot of suffering I'll have to go through. Chances are I'll have trouble sleeping for the next few days which may further mess up my training. I have this week to train on my bike then next week I travel to Dallas, TX for a week of Gulfstream training. I'll spend that time on the stationary bike at the DFW Marriott. I think there is little doubt that this is going to affect my performance at Kensington. There really isn't much I can do about things other than grin and bear it.

3 comments:

Daniel Ritter said...

You should just skip ToKV... along with Taylor Birmann, Tony W, and anyone else terribly strong

Doug said...

So, what was the mission/reason for this trip? You never said.

Pass out hundred dollar bills to those folks and maybe they will go home.

Doug said...

Oh, and the website is back up. There is a few pictures of you from Ann Arbor.