Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Away


Blogs thrive when they are meticulously maintained and updated. That must mean mine is dying. I sit down to write and I just can't make anything happen. Sorry. I haven't ridden my bike in a week. James has made it onto the hotel bike a couple of times.

Jean and the kids got into town on Saturday which coincided with "Seattle Hempfest 2008". All I can say is, wow. Throngs of shirtless tattooed lovers of hemp. They scared the kids a little but seemed pretty harmless. The sad thing to me was how they were using the plight of the disabled to further their cause. It was all too obvious that the vast majority of these folks were stoners. They walked by the disabled in their wheel chairs hauling their bong pipes not even batting an eye. Medical marijuana appears to be a lame and inconsiderate way to pry open a door to legalization. Now, I am not one to make a big deal out of such things. If we want legal marijuana is it all that different from legalized alcohol? But to trot these poor folks out and run over them in an obviously insincere ploy at a sympathetic legislative response is just reprehensible. 'Nuff said.

On Sunday we attended Mars Hill Church in Ballard. This church and it's planting network have become pretty visible in the circles I travel. It is sort of a grunge church if that makes any sense. The music was led by a band that had us sing a lot of material they have written and recorded. The worship pastor preached for at least an hour and it was great! We were challenged to address idols in our lives and deal with it right then and there. I loved it and need it.

No comments: