Saturday, February 10, 2007

Training on the road

I have been in northern California for the last few days. My boss is playing in a golf tournament and I have a few days to decompress. Monterey is an awesome area for biking but not this week. It has been raining the entire time so I have been using the hotel stationary bike. These things can be a major problem because of fit issues but this has been a pretty good experience. The bike has its own TV installed in the unit and it is pretty smooth. I rode for an hour yesterday and two hours today pain free. The gym is pretty good here also. I was able to get a complete workout yesterday.

After bfast this morning I cruised a couple of bike shops. Jocelyn's Bicycles is a terrific little shop very close to Fisherman's Wharf. Winning Wheels is up in Pacific Grove and is a great shop also. Sea Otter is coming up here in April and looks to be a huge event.

I picked up a copy of the Velo News and there is a special Tour of California appendix. Priority Health has been invited this year! That's is just way cool. Guys we saw racing in Michigan last year are going up against the big dogs.

Sad news tonight out here. A rider was killed by a drunk driver on the coast highway south of Carmel. I know he was drunk but he didn't even stop. The cops found him reeking of alcohol at his home with his car bloodstaind and smashed up in the driveway. How could he just leave the guy there to die? I guess he didn't want to get caught. Very disturbing.

2 comments:

joe1265 said...

Sounds like some tough duty.....

Doug said...

He-he-he, I found your blog... lock up the china and count the silverware.