Thursday, November 22, 2007

Back from Europe


I just returned from a short trip to Europe last night. This is my preferred Euro-trip. Just enough time to get a meal or two and walk the city. They have such a healthy attitude towards bikes over there. The Swedes commute on bikes and bike paths allow safe commuting anywhere in the city. I never, not once, saw a bike sharing a road with a car. Amazing. Bikes were parked everywhere around restaurants and shops. And you know what else? I can't remember seeing one obese person!

I cruised a bike shop on one of my walks. They have the most intricate townie bikes. Generators are built into the wheel hubs to provide power for lights. There were a few road bikes and a lot of mountain bikes but for sure it was the townie bike that was front and center.

Today being Thanksgiving, I will hit the bike for a couple of hours to make room. I ate way too much on the trip.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

probably didn't have to make 2 fuel stops did ya?

Darrell Anderson said...

Nope. Non-stop baby.