Friday, November 09, 2007

Leaving Miami

I write this post from seat 11D on a NWA Airbus. We flew our last simulator ride this morning, turned in our rental car and shuttled to the terminal for a two hour and forty-five minute flight back to Detroit. The weather in Miami was nothing short of spectacular this week. The homecoming will be sweet tonight and I wouldn't want to live anywhere that Mrs. Jean Anderson and her three kids dwell but there are times when I wished she lived somewhere else; maybe near a beach. Maybe somewhere a little warmer? We talk about it all the time. You know, how we would like to escape the dismal Michigan winter but then spring comes again and we enjoy the incredible summer that makes us a bit forgetful. Contentment is one of those things that often eludes and I am no different than most.

For those of you who fear the long winter with me, you may be interested in a little project I am working on. Solvang, CA is well known for its fabulous riding and I am trying to put together a spring training camp for 8-10 riders. It is a bit late in the game for this winter but it is still possible. I looked into Arizona but the airfare was greater than flying into LAX. Go figure. Anyway, I would like to come up with a complete package for the trip so attendees would sign up and the rest is figured out for them including the training plan. What a great way to kick the indoor training blues and get a head start on the season. Look for more details in the near future.

2 comments:

Zachary Maino said...

Im in! I dont care what it costs, im in! haha

Anonymous said...

Your readers want more posts.