Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bad Weather

Build 2 week 2 came to a close today. The weekend racing was disrupted by winter's resurgence. Yesterday we had temps in the 30's and rain all day. This morning I woke up to snow. That notwithstanding, I went to Runway Plaza to coach the C's and was amazed to see 10 or so hardy soles ready to mix it up! Pretty impressive really. These guys area all new to racing but I think they are fully hooked after three weeks or racing. The wind was pretty nasty but the snow made judging wind direction very easy.

I gave serious thought to racing the A's but I didn't make it back from church in time. The field was chopped up pretty badly. The winning break got off with Big Ray, Tim Finkel, Pete Shilling and Larry Warbasse. Ray did what he does and just motored off the front with a couple of laps to go. My money was on Peter Shilling to win the sprint but Ray forced the issue.

After, we had a junior practice with a great young rider who came all the way from Grand Rapids to ride with us. That's commitment.

No comments: