Monday, August 27, 2007

A Little Help Please

Okay readers, I have a slight dilemma and I would appreciate your input.

Next Monday is the Debaets-Devos criterium and they are making this one of the richest races of the season. Check it out.

Here's my dilemma...should I race the cat 3 and go for a high placing and maximum $$ or should I do the 1/2/3 to test myself against that field or do both races?

I have been planning on skipping the cat 3 and just give the 1/2/3 my all to see if an upgrade to cat 2 is a reasonable thought. But hey, I know this cat 3 field and I am confident in a top 10 finish somewhere and a share of $1250. Where I end up in the 1/2/3 is anyone's guess. James thinks I should do both but then I don't get an accurate measurement against the 1/2 field.

Let me know what you think.

7 comments:

James Anderson said...

First of all Cat 3 is giving money to the top 15! Just sit in the 3 race, consider it a warm-up. There'll will probably be around 30 guys there in the 3 race, some of them riders that you beat by default.

Doug said...

Both. Win the cat 3, then see what happens in the 1/2/3.

jeanne said...

Cat 3 only please. We've got a life to live here!

~your loving wife

Zachary Maino said...

well this is the last michigan challenge points race. So i would do the race where you could get maximum points. (money is good too lol)

joe1265 said...

Darrell,

Are you racing in Windsor?

I'd say race that Pro 1/2 event. That will REALLY give you a gauge of where you stand. I did it in 2005 with TDF Yellow Jersey wearer Steve Bauer and it was something I'll never forget. Average 28mph, 4 corner crit for 100km (2 hours). If you can hang in that race, you've got the Cajones!

Race is at 5pm and the atmosphere at this race is VERY cool! Rigdon always gets the team the best spot on the course and sets up a tent, which is a blast.

Also, did you see that Frankie is bringing Rock Racing to the Cadieux race?

https://www.sportsbaseonline.com/Registrants.aspx?item_id=1894

Darrell Anderson said...

We have to be at a family function on Sunday. James is racing in Windsor on Saturday. DD is Monday. Chapter 3 of the The Master's Complete Guide to Training and Racing states that all future success hinges on keeping the spousal unit happy and content with your level of participation in the sport of cycling.

Wait, I can race the 1/2 race with a US cat 3 license???

dmo said...

Looks like you have a lock on 2nd place in the Michigan Challenge, so I say go for the 1/2/3. Chances are you'll learn a whole lot more by racing up a category, and based on your previous results, you're strong enough to do it.

David