Saturday, August 11, 2007

Twas The Night Before Hines

We talked to friends coming home from the Zoo today and heard about the goings on out there. It sounded like a very tough hot, long race. I heard positive reports on the course. BB and I rode this one last September as kind of an after thought. The race was held in mid-September so the fields were small and the weather was awful. We like the course as far as racing went but beyond that there was really nothing for spectators other than the race itself. Apparently there was a significant crash in the 3's today. This is getting to be a regular occurrence. Last year we had it in the 4's every week and word is it is still going on there. A broken collarbone for one rider and a "face-plant" for another into the chain ring of another rider. Sounds rough.

For our part, we are chillin-the-most in our humble abode. I rode this morning for an hour or so to get a little more used to the TT bike. Just cruisin' in zone 2 I am averaging close to 23 mph. I think tomorrow is going to be a good day. I am glad I let today's race go. It would have hurt me tomorrow for sure especially considering my inability to sit-in and chill out.

No comments: