Saturday, April 14, 2007

Climb

Rode an hour and a half around the city before heading out to climb 2000' in 3 miles. It was just a great day for a bike ride and what can I say about the climb. It was just a riot. The only downer was that the climb I selected was heavily traveled by dump trucks carrying away ripped up asphalt. I hit this stretch of road at about the 2000 ft elevation. It was that shaved off blacktop. You could ride on it and it really wasn't bad at low speed during the climb. I asked a passing hiker who was descending how far this went and he told me "all the way to the top." That was it for me. I looked behind me at how steep the descent was going to be and made the decision to call it quits. I am glad I did because the half mile or so I had to control my speed on this ripped up stuff was pretty rugged. Once I cleared this stretch the descent was a gas.

Last ride before leaving tomorrow. I am going to try and hook up with the local race club for their group ride. I will need to ride 15 miles to their meeting point by 7:30am. It could be a high mile day by the time I roll in the 30 miles to and from the ride out but I will just play it all by ear.

No comments: