Friday, April 20, 2007

A Great Honor

For a few days now, I have delayed mentioning the award I was given at the club meeting last Saturday. I was absent of course, but my wife called me to tell me that I had been awarded the club "Most Improved Rider" for 2006. This is a tremendous honor when one considers the kind of year many had. My vote was for Julie Bellerose. She just continues to improve week over week. She slapped aerobars on her bike at Hines Park and beat Kathy Kirk who I thought to be unbeatable at that distance. Then there is the continued improvement of Rich Stark as he upgrades from Cat 3 to Cat 2. Think about where he started in the 2005 season. The guy is just in phenomenal form.

Anyway, I am honored to receive the award and want to thank all who made me work harder than I ever have in my life!! I remember my first cross country race in high school. I was thinking how hard that was. I know now that was nothing! There were some nights out there at Runway last year when my eyes were just rolling back in my head and I was forced to try just a little harder for a little longer. Many thanks to all the AAVC riders and coaches who have helped me so very much. You all have me deepest respect and admiration.

No comments: