Saturday, April 07, 2007

Easter Weekend In Michigan

We have had some great weather already this spring. Whenever that happens, we Michiganders fool ourselves into thinking winter's frosty grip has subsided. At the ripe old age of 44, I have learned to guard myself against such wishful thinking. At the moment, we are in the midst of a wicked cold spell complete with snow. This is the view just to my right at this very moment:



It is snowing with a temperature of 27 F. Everyone is riding indoors. The training race scheduled for today has been cancelled.

This state is beautiful but in the spring you just can't count winter out until mid-May.

6 comments:

Zachary Maino said...

Its so demoralizing! I want to be back outside. Did you see that the inagural US Open Championship in Virginia was delayed due to snow?

Unknown said...

Totally Ridiculous!!!!

Doug said...

You need to take your plant in.

Doug said...

And what do you have power going to out there?

Darrell Anderson said...

That is my wife's hi-tech heated bird jacuzzi.

Doug said...

“heated bird Jacuzzi”, yeah, I have seen it all now. May the crows fly off with your “heated bird Jacuzzi” :).