Wednesday, April 11, 2007

On The Road...

Well, I am once again out on the road plying my trade as a corporate pilot hunkered down at an undisclosed location in great southwestern United States. I am not really at liberty to say where I am at but I think I can tell you that it is warm and sandy. How's that?

I rented a road bike and it is a pretty good bike really. It's a yellow Giant TCR aluminum frame with an incredibly uncomfortable saddle. As I road along today I thought about all the blogging titles I could use. One was, "In Praise of the Arionne". After three hours on this Specialized Alias 130 saddle, it seemed like a fitting title. After riding the last 10000 or so miles on the Arionne I am a little spoiled. There just wasn't enough surface area on this thing!

Here are some shots of the flora and fauna:



The weather was beautiful with 80F temps and clear desert skies. The desert has this smell that I remember from my days living in Tucson. I can't describe it but it is a smell that is clean and fresh and I love it. It is the desert version of the pine forest smell. I saw a road runner but other than that it was all Chevy, Ford and Toyota. If can guess where I am at go ahead and take a stab but don't count on me affirming your answer!

No comments: