Thursday, April 19, 2007

Festival of Pain...The ITT

Fearing rain in the afternoon, I hit the road for 2.5 hours yesterday. What a beautiful morning for a ride. It was a little cold at the begininning but I bundled up and before long I had a good sweat going.

This was TT day as our club was sponsoring a TT practice in the evening. Since rain seemed like a real possibility, I wanted to put in some zone4-5 efforts on my morning ride. So, out of Barton through Dexter then I hit it from there all the way to Chelsea. I have been riding old school lately with absolutely no technology whatsoever so I had to look at my cell phone for times. (Even my wrist watch is on the fritz.) I recovered riding through Chelsea up to Waterloo Rd then hit it again all the way to Waterloo, recovered down to Cavanaugh Lake Rd. then floored it into Chelsea.

After that effort, I needed a b-room and a coffee so I stopped at Zou's before cruising back to Barton. The bike is making these efforts so fun.

Well, the rain never came and James was just primed for some pain so we apologized to Jean and drove to Willow Metro Park. The juniors worked out first and did three laps or about 6.7 miles. James did well as did Alexi and his little bro' Rem. James is still riding that little Cannondale witht he 650 wheels. He has outgrown it and, I think, is slowed by the fit and size of the wheels.

After these guys were done, a bunch of us did five fun filled laps or 11.?? miles. I was not thrilled with my time, (26:50), but considering the morning efforts and total lack of data, I didn't fret a whole lot. Seeing my power output would have been nice. I didn't hold back but my suspicion is I wasn't getting the wattage that I got on my last test.

Today, I drive my trusty truck to Cincinnati for a meeting. A little one hour spin is in order tonight.

No comments: