Friday, May 25, 2007

Tour of Frankenmuth...Thats Pronounced Fr-ahnk-en-muth




What a week I'm having! The waters of home ownership are rising to chin level as I rush to seal/stain decks and patios and mow lawns before the rains fall and the ToF kicks off tomorrow. I am pretty jazzed about the race because Jeanne and the kids will all be there. I invested, (a little DNC lingo there), in a Yakima roof mounted car rack so we can load everybody in one car and go racing!! Last year, we had to take two cars on the one west coast trip we all did together. Not so this year.

This race begins and ends in the little bavarian hamlet of Frankenmuth. (For all you Young Frankenstein fans, let's get the pronunciation right, okay? It's not pronounced "Frank" like my uncle. It is pronounced Frahnk, alright? And BTW, let's stop calling Milan "Mile-an" okay? :-)) Famous for it's chicken and christmas decor, this little town can charm your socks off with the leiderhosen, glockenspiel and bread stuffing. We will lodge at Zehnder's with four, count 'em four passes to their water park! I hope it is indoors because we are looking at 70 for a high with rain! Great bike racing weather but lousy for surfing the wave pool.




They say it is a 62 mile cat 3 race which should make for some interesting racing. I like my chances to be a part of the race with those kinds of distances. Attacks just might stick after 50 or so miles in the rain and chip-n-seal pavement. Don't know what "chip-n-seal" is? Not from the midwest, 'eh? This stuff is what they pave the streets of Hell with, (and I don't mean Hell, MI). I did an MS ride in Ohio a few years back on this stuff and rocks were being shot out from those 120 psi tires left and right. Not to mention the vibration from this stuff could dislodge a filling or two.




It will all be over with by 1030 or so which will give us lots of time in the water park or eating chicken. Then, it will be a two hour drive home to prepare for James and Maria's baptism reception on Sunday.

2 comments:

James Anderson said...

yum, Frankenmuth is gonna be awesom! I can't wait to eat some ham!

Doug said...

How did you 30 mile TT OTF go?