Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What's with all the bugs this spring?

Is it just me or are there a lot of bug collisions this year? I keep taking hits in my helmet vents and even caught some kind of stinging insect inside my sunglasses today! Traveling down Waterloo-Munith Rd with a strong tailwind doing 25 or 30 and a buzz then a crawling insect on the inside of my left lense. Off come the glasses but by then he had gone on the offensive and stung me on my left upper cheek. Ouch. It didn't hurt for long. I took one a couple years ago just inches away from that certain spot where no one wants to get stung. I still have a scar. Must have been one big wasp.

I took off early today to beat the storms and I am glad I did. Great warm spring weather. I rode against a strong headwind all the way to Munith then got blown back to Ann Arbor. I was pretty gassed today but still managed to enjoy some rather speedy moments in the 53x12 combo. It didn't take long to get from Chelsea to Dexter. I wouldn't know because I still don't have a bike computer and James borrowed my new watch. BTY, I got one of those LA4 Nike watches. Pretty cool.

Work calls the next two days. Josh and I are flying together tomorrow which will be fun. I am sure we will hit Cycler'sCafe in Louisville and Sunergos.

No comments: