Friday, May 04, 2007

Work v. Training

Thankfully this is a recovery week. I keep telling myself that it is okay that I am not riding as much but it is hard. I really need a coach who can stand apart from this internal drive and tell me, "It's okay to rest Darrell...really."

Anyway, due to family life issues and work I didn't train yesterday and today looks to be a hotel bike workout today if I can get that done. Tomorrow may be a Kensington day with the juniors if I can get the kids to pack the car on their own. I think they will. They are getting better at this all the time.

Sadly, another one of my co-workers was just diagnosed with cancer. Pancreatic this time. Our work group really rallied around him. We invited anyone who wanted to pray for John to meet us in the boss's office and a good 10-12 people showed up. All this as we plan to attend the viewing of our friend Lissa who died on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Zachary Maino said...

It's okay to rest Darrell...really