Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thus begins a long series of inane, boring off season posts...Episode I: Diets

Transition has begun for me which means dieting has begun. This year I am going to make it down to a new fighting weight of 150 pounds. That means I need to lose around 8 pounds before I start base training. It actual feels good to eat less after a season filled with excess. If I can't train at least I can do something that will help me to ride faster next year.

For me, the first step is always to completely cut out refined sugars. Once I get a few days between me and the last cookie my ability to fight the hunger cravings greatly improves. Tonight I dined on a salad while flying to New York. "Hold the dressing please. I'll go without." Not only that, I left the cheese.

Aren't you glad you stopped by today?

1 comment:

Chris said...

dang my man, that is hardcore! I may do the same actually. I am working on a diet too, but I just bought lots of dark chocolate. MMM