Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fog

I made it home just fine Sunday night. I slept for 10 hours or so and felt completely normal Monday. Bikeboy and I joined the AAVC recovery ride out of Smoothie King in Ann Arbor. This was a father/son biker milestone as it was the first adult group ride James and I have done together. Yes, Bikeboy can now ride with the adults. He has really progressed in the last year from kiddie rider to strong junior rider. It won't be long before he is swinging away for wins at the Tuesday night world championships.

Our little buddy and fellow junior hammerhead Rem V., (one of the infamous V-kids), took a pretty bad fall when he rubbed tires with his big V-brother Alexey. I missed the fall because I was back a few miles waiting for my shoes to be delivered. (I forgot my bike shoes and rode 8 miles in my sandals. Very painful.) When I arrived they were putting Rem into the family Suburban. He is a tough kid but you could see he was in a lot of pain. His dad told me he hit the deck doing about 22 mph. Shoot, that would have made me cry! Not this kid. I think Bikeboy's posse has the respect of the adult peleton. They train and race hard and just bring it every time they are on their bikes. It is going to be so fun watching these guys grow into super-strong adult racers.

I am in Louisville at the moment and my time has come to go back to work. I am chillin' at my favorite coffee shop down here Sunergos. Cheers!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I favor the "iced tea" at Hotel Fokker myself; wireless internet, with cool air provided by Garrett.

wielrijder said...

"hammerhead" that works on a few levels :) Will you arrive back in time for tonights ride?

Anonymous said...

C'mon heavy D, this is looking poor. Either have a blog or don't, cause you need to update your blog!

Darrell Anderson said...

Ease off BB. Your computer privledges can be take away!