Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Ray of Light

What an awesome day to live in Michigan. I rode out of my home at 845 am to hook up with the Thursday morning Blair Dudley ride out of Wheeler Park in Ann Arbor. I was enjoying their company very much when Jean, (my lovely wife), activated the electronic tether attached which is my cell phone. She told me a swimming party was being thought of and I was invited. So I broke ranks with the group and rode up Mast to Strawberry Lake to Hamburg to Whitmore Lake....

It would have been nice to continue with the group but I always like the challenge of meeting Jean at her folks house in Livonia. I have only used the 7 mile Rd route once and it is really nice. So, some fairly unfamiliar terrain and the hope of a pool party really made for a nice ride.

I know of a couple of steller dudes who train during the day on Hines so rang them up to see if they were out and about. As luck would have it, Mike was just suiting up in Northville so we arranged a meeting and rode down Hines Drive to Joy Rd. together. I left him there and rode up Farmington to my in-laws house for some swimming.

Driving home, I learned that I would be home from my weekend trip on Sunday evening. Good news indeed...hopes for that sub-60 40K are increasing.

2 comments:

Doug said...

8:45 AM? Don't you people work????

Doug said...

Oh, that is right, you only work when the red phone under the glass jar rings :).