Friday, June 01, 2007

Well, I Thought I was Okay...

After the mishap on Tuesday, I thought I was okay. I got up early on Wednesday and put in 4 hours of training. Thursday, I put in almost 3. I felt great both days. That is right up until the last couple of miles yesterday. I was climbing that hill just east of Delhi with a little gusto when my chest made a cracking noise. No sharp pains at that moment but from then on it hurt to breath deeply. I could ride a steady 20 mph or so without pain but if I pushed it harder I couldn't get a deep breath.

I went home and tried to stretch out and had a tough time with it. Bottom line...I think I really injured myself by not taking some time off after the crash. As I sit here right now, I feel fine but if I try and reach for something or breath really deeply I will feel it. So, it looks like I am off the bike until this clears up.

Jean was on me to go to the doctor but what's he gonna say? Taking NSAID's and rest. Last time I had a rib injury they didn't even x-ray it because they said they wouldn't treat a broken or cracked rib anyway. Apparently, this could take a long time to heal up because breathing expands the chest.

I just got back to my hotel room here in after a huge cuban dinner . Awesome! I had Cuban pork roast with fried plantains and rice with black beans. Oh yeah, mojitos too!

13 comments:

Doug said...

Oh crap, this might be the end. If you do not make it, can I have your best set of wheels?

Doug said...

You know you are getting old; you might just want to sit out the rest of the season. Football is getting near you might want to start following the Lions.

Anonymous said...

The Lions are going all the way this year!

Anonymous said...

Sir,

This is building security; your Expedition was just towed.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

He he he:

C:>FORMAT C:/U (enter)

James Anderson said...

Go lions! Wooh.

Darrell Anderson said...

You guys having fun?

James Anderson said...

It's just unbelievable!

Anonymous said...

First of all, i love your blog, probobaly more than i like Bike Boy. It gives a cool perspective of the cat 3s.

Darrell Anderson said...

Alright, alright that's enough. "Sponge Bob Squarepants"?!? You and your little starfish buddy can find another blog!!! James, if you and your friends don't stop abusing my blog I am going to BAN you!!! I can do it too!!

James Anderson said...

Doug started it.

James Anderson said...

And by the way, it's Spongebob, not Sponge Bob.

James Anderson said...

Ok, who wants Spongebob amd Bob Fred the Tenth to leave comments on you're blog?