Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Update

James has been on me to get my blog up to date. So here's where we are at this week.

My ribs still hurt but I can get a full deep breath. Problem is I can't yet sprint without pain. I can go as hard as ever so long as I am in the saddle. I have an appointment with the doctor in about an hour so we'll see what he thinks.

The week off the bike was awesome! If you haven't tried this I highly recommend it. After training steady from January 1 until June a week of rest was very nice indeed. I got back on the bike Saturday and rode with the juniors some. (I managed to gather James and join the workout in progress at Willow around 10am). After motor pacing james for a while we both did a 20 minute interval on the Willow circuit. I did four laps and James did 3. I was slow but felt fantastic. Sunday James and I went for a little spin around town. Yesterday I put in four hours (73 miles) and felt really good. I could have kept riding the rest of the day I felt so good. My ribs did sing to me occasionally but not too bad if I avoided standing start sprints.

Crit practice tonight then back to work tomorrow to go back to Roanoke. I hope to make it home tomorrow evening.

A Shout To The Cat

Where has Doug Gatto gone? The Cat has all but abandoned his wildly popular website! Senior Gatto, I know you keep tabs on the happenings here at MLBC so what say you??? We need the pictures hombre!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fight, and I will hold your oath fulfiled. What say you?

Anonymous said...

Pictures are up from Memorial Day weekend.

Anonymous said...

I hold your oaths fulfilled. Go and rest in peace.