Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hopes of a Sub-60 40K Begin To Dim

Went to see the doctor yesterday and got an all clear on my rib injury. No cracks or breaks and no limitations. From there I went on to crit practice and rode as hard as I could. I did several max, all-out sprints with no pain at all! Yahoo! It was a pretty good drilling so much so that when the last race came around I just didn't have the heart, (or the legs), to take part. Rob P., (who happens to be 50), kept going. Man is he tough. All in all, it was a fantastic workout.

So, I went to work, flew back down to Virginia and back to Detroit. My schedule has shifted again and it looks like I will be getting home a couple of days before the Wolverine TT. I don't know how much training I will be able to get in during the next week. My hopes for a sub-60 minute 40K might be dimming but what can I do?

2 comments:

Zachary Maino said...

D,
You can go sub-60. Or you will be really close. i did it last night in about 1:05. (based on where you told me the 40K mark is) So i have confidence you can go sub 60.

Anonymous said...

What can you do... think fast thoughts.

Also, you still have time to run out and buy that Felt DA you have been eyeing, a nice $7,000, 14 pound bike will help in that sub 60 TT.

If not, well, you will at least look good doing it.