Sunday, June 17, 2007

Lost in translation(s)

I flew out of Detroit late Friday night and crossed oceans, mountains and numerous countries. My esteemed team mangager was off by serveral thousand miles as to his guess as to my destination. "Malaysia"...not! They didn't speak my language though so it doesn't really matter where I went.

Anyway, I left the trip to the rest of the crew and I am flying the airlines home. At the moment I am in a KLM/NWA lounge in Amsterdam. I have already boarded two flights, endured three full security checks, eaten three breakfasts, nearly read an entire book, looked over the Cat's pictures, endured what must be the worst-run check-in/customer service counter in the entire world and I still have four hours before my next eight hour leg!! So much more to enjoy today...I can hardly wait.

Bikeboy has put up some pretty good stuff on the happenings at Allen Park yesterday. Sounds like the AAVC juniors are eating the 10-14 category alive!

I tried to piece together what happened in the three's from the Cat's site and my guess is Joey got away with a Coastie. The Cat didn't get any pics of the finish so my guess is Joey took it in the sprint. Congrats to all who made a good result. One of my athletes, Zach Maino took fifth in a very competitive cat 4 field. We rejoice with all the 4's that there was, (for the first time in a long time), not a single crash! I raced this category last year and it was more crash happy than the 5's. Who knew. <> It seems like they are still caught up in this cycle of crash and burn so it is good to hear this news.

4 comments:

Doug said...

Oh yes, the life of a secret agent bomber pilot :).

joe1265 said...

Whoops! Sorry for the lapse of discreation! I was totally making that up, just running on and on at the mic.

Still, your wife told me she'd have to shoot me next time!

Hope the rest of your trip went well.

joe1265 said...

I totally made up "Malaysia" as it sounded kind of exotic. I think I said you were meeting with the Minister of Trade and Industrial Relations for Malaysia or something over the top like that.

Total BS-ing!

Sorry again!

Darrell Anderson said...

No problema Joe. Jean and I had a good laugh over it!