Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Sittin' Out

Okay blog0holics. I have been lax. No fuel for the fire for a while. Sorry. I have been waging a mighty cyber-battle with my son James and his rapidly growing readership. The under 14 crowd has moved in on this blog and flooded me with interesting but stunted comments. At least that is who I think it is. Who knows, maybe Doug "the Cat" Gatto is responsible. He is always looking for a way to make cyber-mischief.

(If you have Napster, check out this song. The Godfathers from 1986 I think:

http://free.napster.com/player/tracks/15603956

"If I only had time, I think of the perfect crime." Rune, listen and learn baby! Forget techno. If you keep listening to that stuff you can forget fatherhood.

I am listening to it as I write...)

So, I am sitting in a Springhill Suites hotel room in Mayberry RFD, NC. I haven't ridden a bike in almost a week. I am looking at one of the biggest races of the year this weekend and realizing that I won't be a part of it. Even if my rehab is complete I won't be able to make it. More balancing goin' on here.

The rib is doing pretty well. Today I can almost take a full deep breath without pain. It could be the case that I could race this weekend which is encouraging. The time off is doing a lot of good for my overall fitness. Except for the down time due to the flu I have been riding hard with no time off since January 1. It is a good idea to take a week off after the first A-priority race anyway. I didn't plan on it right now but it is good. My legs are feeling springy again and my competitive mojo is really crankin'. Plus my sources tell me Kroske is now a 3! Awesome!!! now if we can get Roger to upgrade we'll be all set. We are going to see a lot of the big dogs in cat 3 move to 2 in the next few months so we need to reload. Last season we lost a lot of competition to cat 3 from the 4's. You might think I liked it because it gave me a better chance at winning but I didn't and don't. A weakening field is never good. I want the field to be strong and competitive. In the words of George Bush...Bring it on! Dang, I am just coiled up waiting to ride again. I want to unleash wild wattage and soon!!!!!

(Fishbone is playing now: Listen to Sunless Saturday by Fishbone http://free.napster.com/player/tracks/10016043)

I am on a four day trip at the moment. We were hoping to sit here for the duration but it is not to be. We were told today that we are going to have to bring the airplane back to Detroit tomorrow and fly a different trip before going back to Aunt Bee-land to pick the original trip up. It has been pretty relaxing. I am in the heart of golf country. I don't really understand golf. The few times I have played it I was so frustrated I wanted to through the clubs in the river and walk away from it. People are just nuts for it but I guess they look at bike racers and just wonder what the attraction is.

10 comments:

James Anderson said...

Sadie Hawkins dance/In my khaki pants/there's nothing better/oh oh oh

Anonymous said...

How does it feel now. Now I'm ripping your blog.

James Anderson said...

The girls ask the guys/It's always a surprise/there's nothing better/baby do you like my sweater?

Darrell Anderson said...

"Now"...you've been ripping my blog!! This is supposed to be a serious discussion of master's bike racing not junior high cartoon rhetoric.

Anonymous said...

Well you've gotta like Spongebob's personality.

James Anderson said...

Rune, Alternative is the way to go.

Anonymous said...

Ironman, I gave Wendy the lowdown about Rockingham....it's all about NASCAR baby!

Doug said...

Check the IP address, or turn on IP logging, then do a Reverse DNS lookup at:

http://www.dnsstuff.com

Doug said...

4! Its a swing and a miss! Three balls, two strikes.

Doug said...

Disco! Disco is not gone, Disco LIVES!